11.13.2011

A Prior Engagment



As soon as the last spring semester of my college career began, so did the engagement & marriage phase of my life, the time when so many of my friends started their journey as first fiance, and then husband and wife. Since then, there have been lots of engagements and marriages, but the most recent engagement was that of my sister-in-law, and just before her, my sister also exchanged the title girlfriend for fiance. Before that was one of my dearest friends, and before her, my brother in law, and before him...me!

I really like engagements, not only because I get to celebrate the love and happiness of some of my closest friends and family, but also because I get to relive the felicity of my own.

So here we go, back to July {fourth} 2010, Clear Lake, California.....{seven} years after he asked me to be his girlfriend in the personal ads of the morning newspaper at the age of {seventeen}.......

.....he finally put a ring on it.

Sunrise & champagne hot air balloon ride over Calistoga valley
Then off to brunch....
{banana walnut french toast, fresh squeezed orange juice}
{huevos rancheros, fresh pressed apple juice}
Horseback riding through Jack London's historic estate. 

Dinner at Tra Vigne in St. Helena
{parmesan crusted pork chop with spring vegetable fregola sarda}
{ribeye steak with garlic mashed potatoes} 
The cabin pier shortly before we arrived....
{the Clear Lake cabin was designed and built by Parker's far-far and great far-far}
The proposal
{down on one knee, "Marry me?"..."YESSSSS!!!!}
Lots of kisses, smiles, tears, hugs, and laughs! 
Sparklers and cheers from family and friends 
BLING! {my vintage, yellow gold, pear shaped beauty}

1 comment:

  1. It seems like only yesterday - an exisiting, unforgettable day for you and Parker and for us too!

    ReplyDelete